Thankful...

I truly believe that things happen for a reason and I also believe I have a guardian angel. I was in a accident right before Christmas...I was OK, just a little banged up but my car was not. I just found out the other day that they totaled my car. I cried at first as for most of my life, my car has represented a part of my personality. I felt like I was losing that part when I lost my car. I did alot of thinking about what I really want in life. I could go out and buy a new hot rod to tool around in, but with that comes the big payment. I decided that I would be practical. Somehow, me and the word practical have not gone hand in hand in the past! But...I would like to do other things with my money then put it into a car that the minute you drive off the lot it loses 25% of its value. I want to travel....I want to try new things...so, I made the decision that I am going to get a used car, not expensive, that can take a beating because I live in NYC where people DO NOT care what the bumpers of their cars look like! It's a new me...and I am thankful that I have an opportunity to change the direction of my life... For the past few days, I have noticed a homeless persons shopping cart on the side of the road going up to the GW Bridge. And every time I see it, I say to myself...be thankful. Be thankful you have a warm place to live, a car to drive and money to spend...

I am still doing my creativity project...It has been quick projects but I am still going along....

Comments

Anonymous said…
glad to read you are okay.