Washed Up Has Been???

That is what I feel like in some respects, harsh I know but I guess I need something like that to kick me in the butt and say...come on now, get creating!!! I am at the Creative Connection in Minneapolis, MN and I am surrounded by all sorts of amazingly creative women who are following their passion....I am awed & intimidated but excited to get going again because I see the possibilities. I am envious because they are moving forward and I am sitting still....a situation I have had a hard time getting out of....I am in the doldrums....Like Milo in the story The Phantom Tollbooth. I got here by doing nothing and not paying attention. I love this story...it is really insightful...so anyways...back to my dilemma....So there I sat in my hotel room....just getting back from a day full of meeting wonderful people from all over. I decide to go through my swag bag that we got at dinner. They have had some pretty cool stuff that they have given us. Then I saw these little things.... I was very intrigued by these itizen tackit tags and knew I had to find out more on these because they kinda went with an idea I had about making some Guerilla Art. So I decided to create a little piece of art to send out into the world and see where is goes. Not the greatest piece but still something creative of my own making.... Be original is what I wrote on it because everyday I strive to be original. I don't want to do what everyone else is doing...that is why I gave up on jewelry. I don't feel I have what it takes nor do I want too with jewelry. So I am letting that go and moving to painting or something in that area. And I will get back to blogging.... so here is the back of my little piece.
These little tags are trackers. You go to this web site and log the numbers...or you can scan it if you have an iPhone and a barcode reader app. So cool! So it is now posted on that sight and I hope whomever finds it will pass it on and so on and so forth. It will be fun to watch it travel. And here the stories...
Here is my inspiration picture that I used to paint mine. It was taken in the backroads of VT. On my painting is the Latitude and Longitude coordinates of where the picture was taken. That is something that I am going to incorporate into all my pieces now. I think it's a fun idea and it gives me a chance to take photos and create using them. Well I am off now to go place my art somewhere for someone to find....and to go meet some more amazing women....





Comments

Ronnie said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Artsnark said…
Hope you're mojo is coming back! Love Phantom Tollboth, by the way :D

That tagging thing sounds very cool. Will be fun to see where it goes